- Registration will open from 24 November to 28 December 2021.
- Registration is open to all students from elementary to high school.
- The maximum number of members in each participating team is 5 (including mentor/advisor).
- Please write all the data in English.
- Please write the names as it will be printed on the certifcates.
- Fill the team data form.
- Email and phone number for each member MUST NOT BE Duplicated.
- After signing up for the frst time you will receive a confrmation link sent to your email,you should follow the instructions in the email to complete your registration.
Teams structure Details (Classes)
Group Size and Teamwork SeaPerch works best when students are encouraged to cooperate and work together in teams. There is a great deal of material to be learned in order to complete a build. When each student chooses an area to study more fully, they can share their knowledge with the team.
Any size of a group can work to build a SeaPerch, from a single student to a large group. However, the following list of recommended group sizes will maximize the SeaPerch experience and reduce the need for excessive kits while allowing each student to participate:
Tip Top Class: 2-4 students
We recommend that each student take a particular area of engineering and apply it to their team and their SeaPerch ROV build. They can then prepare short lessons on their particular areas of expertise to share them with their teammates. The following student “specialties” are recommended:
Mechanical Engineer: In charge of motors and mechanical systems.
Materials Engineer: In charge of structural systems. Checks quality of structure daily.
Electrical Engineer: In charge of control box and control systems. Maintains battery charge.
Systems Engineer/Project Overseer: Maintains positive flow, oversees the projects, and maintains a record of the build.
Presentation Designer: In charge of creating the final SeaPerch presentation.
Technical Writer/Illustrator: In charge of maintaining the engineering notebook.
We also recommend a certain number of adult supervisors in order to keep the build experience flowing smoothly and to prevent safety mishaps:
Tip Top Class: 1 adult per 4+ team
Team Registration Fees:
A registration fee of $200 will be charged for each team (5 members) attending the Regional SeaPerch Challenge.
Basic Kit Components
- 3 Motors
- 3 Motor canisters
- 3 Propeller shafts
- 3 Propellers
- 3 T-nuts
- 3 Nylon insert lock nuts
- 3 Cable ties
- 3 Die-cut motor sticker sets
- USD $90
Medium Kit Components
- 4 Motors
- 4 Motor canisters
- 4 Propeller shafts
- 4 Propellers
- 4 T-nuts
- 4 Nylon insert lock nuts
- 4 Cable ties
- 4 Die-cut motor sticker sets
- USD $115
Full Kit Components
- 10 White PVC 1/2" - 90 Degree Elbow
- 6 White PVC 1/2" x 12" - Straight Pipe
- 4 White PVC 1/2" - Tee
- 1 Mesh - 12" x 8" - Black Polyethylene
- 2 Pool Noodle - 5" Piece
- 15 Cable/Zip Ties - 6" Black
- 6 Tie Wraps - Motor Mount - 11-1/4" - Blue
- 3 12 VDC Motor. 0.7 A - Shaft Diameter "0.091"
- 3 Film Canister - 35 mm or Plastic Vial - 50 ml
- 3 Propellers - Plastic 1/8" Shaft Size
- 3 Propeller Shaft Threaded Coupler
- 3 Threaded Insert Tee Nut
- 3 Nylon-Insert Hex Locknut 4-40 - Stainless Steel
- 1 50 ft. 350 Mhz Cat 5e Stranded Cable W/RJ-45
- 1 Velcro Cable Tie
- 1 SeaSwitch Control Box Kit
- 1 18 Awg Speaker Wire - 6'
- 1 Alligator Clips (Set of 2)
- 1 Black Alligator Clip Insulator
- 1 Red Alligator Clip Insulator
- 1 Solder - 60/40 Rosin Core
- 1 Butyl Rubber Tape - 1.5" x 3" (Monkey Dung)
- 1 Alcohol Wipe
- 1 Electrical Tape - Black - Roll
- 1 Wax Bowl Ring
- 1 Sealed Lead Acid Battery Charger - 12 V, 500 mA
- 1 Battery Charger Cable - SLA Cord
- 1 Safety Glasses
- 1 SeaPerch Tote Bag
- 1 SeaPerch - 8" Ruler
- 1 SeaPerch Careers Brochure
- 2 Disposable Latex Gloves
- 1 Sharpie Marker - Black or Red
- 1 SeaPerch Pen
- 1 SeaPerch Tote Bag
- USD $210
Fill your team profle dataincluding supervisor andone team member
Choose one of theavailable kits and submitthe form
Go to your email inboxand verify your acccount
Log in to your account using theemail and password you createdhttps://seaperchnorthafrica.org/log-in
Complete your registrationby adding other team membersdata if any then save details
Submit and go to onlinepayment
Fill the card details
Confrm and Pay
Note: You may start working on your robot during the registration steps and do not wait to the registration deadline.